Caregiver (Full time)
Comfort Keepers of Tryon, NC
We are seeking compassionate, self-motivated individuals to join our team as an In-Home Caregiver (Full time)
- Performs duties as assigned on the personal care Service Plan.
- Assists the client in assisting with activities of daily living by providing any of the Comfort Keepers approved personal care activities including, but not limited to: bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, oral hygiene, and/or ambulation.
- Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens and changing the bed.
- Assists in meeting nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping, dishes, and kitchen clean-up.
- Assists the client with ambulation/transfers as specified in the Plan of Care.
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
- Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Applicant must be bondable and meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks:
- Applicant must have at least 6 months of caregiver experience
- Criminal Background Investigation
- Motor Vehicle Driving Record
- Professional and Personal Reference Checks
- Permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing
- Must have reliable transportation, cell phone
- Fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions and document services provided.
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Actively looks for ways to help others.
- Strong social perceptiveness by being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they may react as they do.
- Strong organizational skills and adjusting actions in relations to others.